Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcomed Stumbles

I woke up this morning to a beep, beep, beep!! I rolled over, grabbed my phone and shoved it under my pillow. Please don't be morning, I thought to myself, by it was the inevitable, 6:30 had come again, I plopped out of bed, with one eye cocked open and the other sewed shut with the sandman's overnight dusting. I stumbled into the kitchen to reach for my favorite coffee mug with a giant chip on the rim. I don't know what it is about that mug. I don't know if its the chip that cuts my lip on very, sleepy mornings or the worn out picture of the Blessed Mother. Or, maybe its just old reliable, the one thing that I can look forward to in the morning. Well, and of course that God has blessed my family with another day, of course, right !Or For some reason it is the link from me being asleep and dead to the world; to being some what a awake and functional in the morning. Ya that's more likely.
I digress. 

 I continued to pour myself a cup after I finished my deep contemplation of my coffee mug, Yum, My sweet, pipping, hot bowl of nectar! I then continued my zombie walk to my office. Which, by the way is the room down the hall from bedroom, no traffic for me in the morning. Yes please.

Where am I going with this, I'm not sure yet. Who wants to know what I do in the morning, Do I have something special to share with the world. It's not like I can tell you the cure for cancer. Well, maybe this may help, Ha, that's far fetching!

But this is something I have wanted to do for some time. Write, write something, write anything just put what's floating around in my dank, foggy mind on paper, well, a computer screen. Thank you 21st century. It might not be exciting but it might just lend an insight to another persons mind. Man, who is that someone?
We will just call myself, Gemima. I am not a  mammy front the south that can cook fried chicken all day. I wish,
No, I'm a nurse, taxi driver, janitor, cook, gardener, referee, bookkeeper, runner ( even though that has been sparse, to dang hot here) zoologist, librarian, bookkeeper and a hundred other things from A to Z. I am a mom and 'Here' if I'm the only one that ever visits 'Here' that would just be dandy, But as the days, months and years go by I would like to fill my pages of stories, poems, recipes, how-tos and how to-nots moments in my day that are just too funny, to sad, too embarrassing to keep locked, to keep hidden in that dank, foggy mind of mine.

Let me give you an example of what happened to me today. Read "Auto Pilot" to find out. If my boss only knew how clueless and klutzy I am I think he would be scared that I was handling his financials.

Well, That's me and that's it for now.
Later I will be posting what I made for dinner, If it comes out edible.
Some might say cooking is an art I think of it more as a learning experience.
see you soon
-Gemima

P.S.
Grammatical advise welcomed. I'm doing this blog to learn and experience more in life. This a big step out of my comfort zone.
Give me advise, corrections, thoughts on what I could do different.
The old Dome isn't quite back up to speed on the whole writing thing.
-G



3 comments:

  1. Very interesting morning... Lol I'm so glued to this blog it's like the sopranos for moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... rob you have to say that. It was fun. Cant wait for more. I would say maybe write at the end of the say when you have some good stories to tell or after you've made that scrumptious dinner. Good luck darlin Gemima!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typo...Mammy from not front.
    keep up the good work!!! xo

    ReplyDelete