Friday, July 5, 2013

Grilled Sweet White Corn

Grilled Sweet White Corn! Yum-Yum in my Tum-Tum.

To arrive at the cornucopia of goodness you only need 5 things:
Sweet White Corn
Butter
mix seasoning or rub ie., Pappy's, my personal favorite
foil
and of course, a grill.

I was going to just do the same old, same old with my corn. Boil the corn to deathly perfection. Boring! I thought, the grill is up and going why not throw the corn on with the burgers. Well, I was really thinking, less dishes, please!

Start by shucking the corn. Wait, first recruit an unsuspecting, hot hubby to do the heavy lifting for you. Hmm, where to get one? Yup, I found one on the couch watching an action flick. "Oh, sweetie!"

Continue cutting foil in 8 inch pieces to roll the corn in. While watching husband curse at trying to pull the long strands of corn shell string things out of the corn kernels. Funny!

Place corn in the middle of the foil, add generous slices of butter on top of the corn. It doesn't need to be fancy. When it cooks it will melt into every crevice of the corn.


Add your seasoning on top


Wrap the corn up tight and throw onto the grill for for 10 minutes, turning a few times.

It should come out well, hot and perfect.

This is how my husband eats it

 
Enjoy
-Gemima

No comments:

Post a Comment