Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Auto Pilot


Today I had to go to two banks, one my husband, the other mine. Don't ask, I have no clue why we have separate accounts. We can share toothbrushes and sodas and even his pants. (on one random occasion, I might add.) But not accounts. I think the laziness aspect has something to do with.
Back to my point, I mean incident.
So, I thought, yup, that would be a quick twenty minutes at best. Nope, I was wrong, there were twenty-five people in line, at least. They had us crammed in the tiny, little teller line like cattle waiting to be branded. Great, I'll be here forever. I wasn't, but it felt like it. Once I got out of there, it was now 2047, I thought, a smoothie sounds good. I'll get one and then go to my husband's bank. I continued across town to get my favorite smoothie and stop in at my husbands bank. Great another line of thirty people, at the least, waiting in line. Maybe, I shouldn't have picked the day before 4th of July to do my banking. I stood there, twiddling my thumbs, for a century. Maybe a little less. Finally, My turn with the teller, I'm sixty by now.
She greets me and says, "oh you are back, was something wrong with your deposit."
"Huh," I though. "No, I haven't even given you anything. How could something be wrong."
She looked at me and said, "yes you were just in forty-five minutes ago!!"
Nooo! I went to not only the wrong bank but waited a century for nothing!
Hmf! the heat must be getting to me.The minute that delicious, life reviving smoothie hit my lips I must have went on auto pilot! and drove back,across town, not realizing where I was going. Man. I am a safe driver!
I looked at her so embarrassed. Thinking what could be something clever and quick to say to not sound like an utter chump. Nothing came out. I looked at her smiled and headed for the door. I felt like an Olympian in a marathon. Trying to get out of their with a little of my dignity still  in tacked.
Oh and by the way, I finally got to my husbands bank and yes they had a drive through. Thank you lord for small favors.

Well, That's me and that's it for now.
Later I will be posting what I made for dinner, If it comes out edible.
Some might say cooking is an art I think of it more as a learning experience.
see you soon
-G

1 comment: